I have been blogging for about a year, and one of the great joys of blogging is meeting other writers with similar interests in the online world. I have a few blogs I faithfully follow. One of my favorite blogs…Quiet Confidence…is filled with honesty about everyday moments seeking to draw closer to God. So, I am honored to be nominated by Lisanne at https://lisanne3015.wordpress.com/ for the Liebster Award. I am honored to be chosen by her because her blog has inspired me so much. I am still new to the blogging world and have less than 3000 followers which qualifies me for this nomination.
The Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers in order to support and encourage them in their blogging. The guidelines for receiving the award varies, however, the general rules are as follows:
– Post your award to your blog in a blog post
– Answer the 10 questions that were given to you by the fellow blogger who nominated you
– Nominate 3-10 other bloggers you have discovered with less than 3,000 followers
– Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
Here are the 10 questions I was asked to answer:
- Are you content in blogging or is it your dream/aspiration or calling to write? I enjoy blogging and use it as another way to grow in my faith and connect with others. I am a writer, and feel called to do so. Writing has always helped me to share what is on my heart and mind.
- What holds you back? Time. Time. Time. I am learning to wake up early to have more writing time in the quiet of the morning.
- What is your favorite, most genuine or impactful post in your opinion? My 31 days of surrender that I just finished which allowed me to share my on-going journey to trust God more fully and surrender my desires to Him.
- What leads you write, either educationally or experiences that compel you to share your wisdom? Helps me to process life around me
- Do you have a profession, other than writing? I work in long term care as a memory care director. I am also a wife and mother.
- Do find it beneficial to engage in webinars or conferences? If so, are there some you’d recommend? I do enjoy attending writing conferences not only for the helpful information but for the connection to other writers. I met my writing partner and now best friend at a writing conference last year. The two conferences I would recommend are ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) http://www.acfw.com and the BREATHE conference http: //breatheconference.com/home
- Does your family understand your desire to write? Yes, and they are very supportive.
- If you aspire to write, is your choice memoir, fiction, devotional or other? Christian fiction and devotional
- What’s your favorite song? Two current favorite songs are “Good, Good Father” by Chris Tomlin and “Just be Held” by Casting Crowns
- What’s your favorite food…running out of ideas ;)? Three…all Cs…chicken, chocolate, and coffee
Here are my picks:
Erika Shirk at Overflow https://proverbsnineteen21.wordpress.com
Ann Graham at Flourish https://anngraham.wordpress.com
Tracey at Grace https://ephesians2v8.wordpress.com
Jeanie Benson at http://jeaniebenson.com
Here are my 10 questions for them:
- Who has been most influential in your decision to write?
- What led you to choose the focus of your blog?
- Where do you find your inspiration for your blog posts?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What are your writing aspirations?
- What is your favorite Scripture or quote?
- What does a perfect day look like for you?
- Coffee, tea, or neither?
- Favorite childhood memory
- Advice you would give to someone who wants to be a writer
Thank you to each blogger for your unique voice and perspective you bring to others through your writing.