Hello and happy Saturday morning! It is a bittersweet morning as I enjoy the quiet moments of the morning before my family is awake knowing that my vacation time is coming to an end. That being said, I am trying to finish some things up before I jump back into the day to day busy routines of normal life.
One of the things that I want to do this morning is to take a few minutes to thank a wonderful blogger for nominating me for the “One Lovely Blog Award.” This award is all about honoring and supporting one another in sharing our stories with each other. Talasi Guerra over at Braver than Before has graciously chosen me as one of her recipients for this honor. Her blog has offered inspiration to me and reminds me that I am certainly not alone in the struggles and journey over anxiety and fear.
As part of the One Lovely Blog Award honor, I am asked to share seven facts about myself.
1. Mornings are my absolute favorite time of the day. I will willingly sacrifice sleep for some quiet time during the early still hours of the day. I love to spend quiet time with God and read, write, and reflect over coffee or tea before the rest of the world is awake and moving.
2. One of my passions in life is serving older adults. I have worked with older adults in some capacity since I was a freshman in high school. I have always had a close relationship with my grandparents. I love the wisdom and stories that elders have to share.
3. If I had to choose mountains or the beach, as difficult as this decision might be, I think my heart is in the mountains. There is something peaceful and quiet about the beauty of the mountains.
4. I started this blog as an avenue to share about my frustrations and hope with my food related issues but realized that my journey of food issues had much more to do with my spiritual growth than simply learning about healthy eating. I discovered quickly that I am not a food blogger.
5. I married at the young age of 18 to my high school sweetheart. We have been married almost 20 years and are still learning things about each other. It’s been a good life and it grows sweeter with time.
6. I love music. Although I can’t sing well, I listen to music much of the time. I have also been known to have new “favorite” songs every few days and then listen to that same song over and over…
7. I love dark chocolate…the darker the better. 🙂 But as much as I love chocolate, Jesus is the absolute love of my life. Without my faith and relationship with Christ, I would be lost. He provides hope and healing daily.
And now for the honor of sharing some of my favorite blogs that have inspired me and encouraged me in this journey of life. I nominate the following blogs for the “One Lovely Blog Award”…
Bloggers, if you choose to accept the One Lovely Blog Award and pass it along, you will find your instructions below:
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate at most 15 people
- Tell your nominees the good news!
Have a great weekend!