I have friends of all ages, but I especially treasure my friendships with my elder friends who share so much wisdom with me.
I lost a dear friend this week. At 95 years, she lived a very full life. As I reflect on her life and our friendship, these thoughts come to mind…
- She always believed in me.
- She supported my writing dreams.
- She was always so giving.
- She didn’t sweat the small stuff.
- She lived life to fullest.
- She forgave.
- She lived her Christian faith.
- She loved her family and friends.
- She never wavered in her faith.
- She accepted the things she could not change.
I have so, so many memories. My heart is sad, but as my friend and I prayed with this dear friend just a day before her death, we told her, see you in heaven. I will miss her dearly, but she has left a lasting impact on my life that will continue to inspire me.
As I am reading my devotional this morning, this verse captured my attention and made me think of my dear friend.
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7
Cherish your friends… Especially your elder friends.