Being brave doesn’t have to be a huge heroic act.
Being brave looks different for everyone.
Being brave might mean…
- Being honest in love and truth with someone about something that is bothering you
- Taking communion to shut-ins when you feel unequipped
- Saying no to something you don’t feel right about even if everyone else is saying yes
- Submitting a writing piece
- Choosing faith over fear
- Not retreating into your phone because it is easier than engaging in conversation
Being brave means you are ready to accept the unknown. You are saying with courage that this feels strangely uncomfortable.
For me, being brave is telling my mind that I will not second guess my decision. I will trust my instincts, make a decision, learn from it, let it go, and move on. Instead of second guessing myself and being anxious, I will choose to be brave.
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
Today, choose to be brave. Trust God and take that first step into the unknown.